IGNORED

Away Kit

Guest BCFC.Ady65

Guest BCFC.Ady65
city.gif Love it or hate it, i think it is quite nice, a mate of mine say's he wont buy it because it has got blue in it, how ridiculous. So what if it has got blue in it, it doesn't make you a gas head overnight and its not even their colours. farmer.gif

Personally I quite like the shirt. I do think the marketing/commercial people at the Gate don't give their ideas a great deal of thought.

Blue in any City shirt will always ruffle a few feathers.

Trying to change the club badge without talking to the fans first was another clever one.

Come on lads sort yourselves out. banghead.gifsleeping.gif

When I clicked on the above link and view the shirt properly for the first time I thought 'no, not keen.' But after a few moments it grew on me.

Still not keen on the BTC detailing being light blue, nothing to do with the colour, it doesn't show up enough. Not keen either on the central badge, badges should be to the sides.

But as away shirts go, not bad. At least the lesson was learnt about the collar. biggrin.gif

When I clicked on the above link and view the shirt properly for the first time I thought 'no, not keen.' But after a few moments it grew on me.

Still not keen on the BTC detailing being light blue, nothing to do with the colour, it doesn't show up enough. Not keen either on the central badge, badges should be to the sides.

But as away shirts go, not bad. At least the lesson was learnt about the collar. biggrin.gif

Yep, not bad - like the colour. Agree about badge & BTC logo - can't imagine the sponsor will be very pleased.

But again we get TFG and teams like Rotherham go for Nike ohmy.gif

http://www.themillers.premiumtv.co.uk/page...~680794,00.html

Guest WillsbridgeRed

It looks better in a proper picture

But it's still minging

I'll have to get the home one then I suppose unsure.gif

Guest Bristol city mad supporter

i thought at first omg but then i thought it looks good and if its city ill buy it

they will have problems with that kit on tele.. The blue sponser will merge in with the colour of the shirt to much..

They wont be happy once they have seen there money go to pot every other week!!

Guest east_dundry_red

Is;nt it the same design as our yellow away kit a few ytears back with the badge moved and colours changed?

Guest Wurzel of Oz
Nice to see that Grant Smith has a look of "What a lovely colour" all over his face.

ha! He's better than dave cotterill though!!

Guest mesa boogie
But enough about you. What do you think of the kit?  farmer.gif

Tom, you said you loved watersports last night... Were you telling fibs?

crying.gif

Like the gold, but light blue?!? Don't get it. Not a club colour, doesn't look particularly good and hides the sponsor name.

My theory is that our shirt manufacturer had a surplus of light blue fabric (and for the home shirt, a surplus of stupid button-up collars) and are trying to palm it off onto City fans.

I suppose the theory behind the choice of colours is that at least it will get worn as an away kit as it won't clash with much? How many times did our white kit or our black kit get worn? Didn't seem that many?

Back to the shirt, I hope the material is nicer than last seasons white shirt. I liked the design but the material was cheap and nasty, even compared to the home shirt!

I don't think the shirt colour/design is too bad but the blue (even sky blue) was not needed I am sure they could have found a different colour trim.

BCAGFC

P.s. Do you think the sag fans would buy anything with a shade of red on it?, I don't think so, bad marketing/PR IMO.

Guest red herring

Actually I like the away kit. TomF your a traitor for going on the gas site and running it down for their 'amusement' shame on you. devil.gif

Guest elver51773

"we delibreatly chose a fashionable colour so supporters would be equally comfortable wearing the shirt out on the street as they were on a matchday" said retail manager Steve Gray.

user posted image

on a coulourwheel, colours that are near opposite shouldn't be used due to them being opposite colours!! Check it out, yellow or "champagne" as they say is almost opposite blue in the colour wheel!!

and wearing the fashionable yellow and neon blue shirt out in the street surely will make passing children throw up at the sight of the random colours as well as any stray cats!!

Its growing on me though!!

i aint going to buy it though, because being a ginger, i don't want 3 opposite colours, orange yellow and neon blue (what a mix!) walking down the street- i'll probably give people migraines!!

I don't think the shirt colour/design is too bad but the blue (even sky blue) was not needed I am sure they could have found a different colour trim.

BCAGFC

P.s. Do you think the sag fans would buy anything with a shade of red on it?, I don't think so, bad marketing/PR IMO.

It's pale blue not Gas Blue, totally different. biggrin.gif

And I believe they all bought pink shirts recently which surely has 'redness' about them, although I've yet to see one worn.

Guest mesa boogie
It's pale blue not Gas Blue, totally different. biggrin.gif

And I believe they all bought pink shirts recently which surely has 'redness' about them, although I've yet to see one worn.

Pink and Red clash, do you know nothing about the Rule of George @ ASDA?

Guest b.doug

Moaning about the blue, i suppose all you moaners purchased the england kit with the colour blue included. plonkers i tell thee

Guest Ben Wah Balls

user posted image

Ahahhhahhaa rofl2br.gifrofl2br.gif That's hideous. Do you really think those colours go together.

The best bit is the quote: "We deliberately chose a fashionable colour so supporters would be equally comfortable wearing the shirt out on the street as they were on a matchday." unsure.gif

Sorry but you've got to admit it's nasty, think you need another of those polls to choose a new one.

Moaning about the blue, i suppose all you moaners purchased the england kit with the colour blue included. plonkers i tell thee

i take your point but that is England, blue in bristol reminds me of them north

of this city devil.gif

just a quick slap up job in paint shop adding red, but it is far better than

blue, just a thought... farmer.gif

but yeah the kit is not great but not too bad...

user posted image

user posted image

Guest fatherdougal

It's a bit unfashionable to heap praise on this forum, but that is a truly wonderful kit. The sort of thing you'd expect Coventry to wear on their travels perhaps, with the sky blue bits, but well, a touch of class, and about time too.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

The replies on the town end

Awe my gawd, them there Bristolians only have two holes for their arms

Now listen here boys, it just aint right them mutants only having two arms, gather them there pitchforks and the torches in case these two armed monsters attack

Hate it!

I really do wander what goes on in the design department at TFG.

Baby blue and gold are never going to go together and this shirt proves it.

Why can't city stick to colours that will guarantee a few sales. Everyone like White and Black and last seasons with the red stripe added went down well with everyone.

Quote from BCFC: "We deliberately chose a fashionable colour so supporters would be equally comfortable wearing the shirt out on the street as they were on a matchday."

Since when have these been fashionable colours?

I need to lay down and try to digest another cock up from with the Ashton Gate marketing circus..

Guest b.doug

seeing as a fair amount of people have shown interest and like the shirt, there would be no need to change it.

It's a decent shirt, i'm all for a bit of change, at least its not got the preposed to new badge on it.

And yes ciderhead, the red doesnt look bad at all.

Guest ashtonyate

of this city  devil.gif

blue, just a thought...  farmer.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Who ever came up with that wants shooting its rubbish, rover pink is better than that.Its what a used car sales man would wear.Our away kit should be black and white alway look smart

So what if it has got blue in it, it doesn't make you a gas head overnight and its not even their colours. farmer.gif

yes it does and the gold looks gay too, but not as gay as the gashead pink of course.

and please, no PC comments about homophobia - I'm not, alright!!

of this city  devil.gif

blue, just a thought...  farmer.gif

Any chance of quick slap up silver job on that, i reckon thats the way they should of gone? farmer.gif

I like the design but the colour reminds me of school custard!

Who comes up with these colours? Maybe its Richrad Gould's last laugh at City's expense....

Maybe instead of whining about the colours you could get behind the team and stop whining, you part-timer you. devil.gif

Maybe instead of whining about the colours you could get behind the team and stop whining, you part-timer you.  devil.gif

Yeah OK, and part of me agrees. I've purchased some dodgy BCFC shirts in my time the purple and green is a perfect example, I actualy quite liked it in the end, but no denying it was less than 'normal'. What was far more important to me was the non-inclusion of the crap badge.

But why would a club seemingly go out of their way to lose revenue on shirts. Here's a suggestion to SL, CS

Why noy just give supporters what they want?

Red shirts, white shorts, red socks white trim - at home.

White Shirts, black shorts, white socks black trim - away from home.

Failing that any tried and tested colour combo (except blue AND NO quarters!)

Stick the highly regarded robin on them both and you'll have a queue up to the tobacco factory.

2 shirts, 1 hurriedly redesigned because it was hated so much and the other met with well, shall we say, a lukewarm response. It's not great is it richie?

Will the FCC lobby for a fans vote on shirts next season at the next meeting?

And if as I suspect the current badge has only been given a brief repreive, and the robin is not deemed up to the job (wrong in my opinion) will fans be allowed to submit their designs for the new badge. Cue Grandpa Osaka's badge, I'm sure the more creative members could come up with some as good.

I feel this needs to be organised (certainly suggested) ASAP, so can the FCC organise it?

Thankyou

Guest young richy
I can hand on heart say that it's one of the worst kits I'ver EVER seen.

city.gif

everyone is entitled to an opinion,problem being yours isn't worth...................zip

Guest Eamer
"We deliberately chose a fashionable colour so supporters would be equally comfortable wearing the shirt on the street as they were on a matchday.

I am sure it will prove popular with our fans."

... yea... right. blink.gif

Is this design done deliberately ?

Is Lansdown done this to get revenge on making him climb down on the original home shirt design ?

It is absolutely fuggin awful.Nicoteen stain comes to mind mad.gif

Fag Stain FC

Why cant this stupid club stick to original designs and colours?

We're being laughed at on other forums with many agreeing its the worst theyve seen this year !

Christ its so tempting to view my point on "ask SL" board but whats the point ?

Well Done for shooting yourselves in the foot and embarrassing the fans once again

Guest Ricky BCFC

I think the colours are terrible, light blue and gold do not not look right together at all. Fair play to them for trying something different but it just doesn't look right in my opinion. It might grow on me during the season, but I doubt it.

Guest BCFC.Ady65

swindon fans are better off staying up the m4 and playing with their stupid magic roundabout, than discussing city shirts

Archived